Idioms

I'm still getting used to human speech. They often say one thing when they mean another. I believe this is called idioms. I'm still not used to them. Why just yesterday I was told to kill two birds with one stone, so I did. Actually, I just stunned them. Maybe that's why he was mad. I told him that my blaster would work much better. He got madder and screamed in my ear, "I like birds!!!" So I asked "If you like birds, why did you tell me to kill two? And why with a stone?" At that point, he threw a shoe at me, and stormed off. I just don't get idioms.

Someone told me that I have the best of both worlds. I didn't think he knew I was an alien. I disguise it well. I asked, "How did you know I was an Alien?" He then looked at me with a confused look on his face. "What are you talking about?" I then told him I'm from a distant planet called Grr-Awk. He then called me crazy and ran away.

I gave an inventor the blueprints for a hover board. About a week later, he told me that it didn't work. Apparently earth doesn't have Galivors. He asked me to go back to the drawing board, so I asked him what planet that was? I don't think he knew the coordinates; he just kept hitting himself on the head. After I realized it was an item. I looked for it for hours.

A man told me that I was barking up the wrong tree. I wasn't barking at a tree, but I wanted to see if I could bark up the right tree. I never found the right tree, but the police told me to go home.

I will continue talking about my problems with idioms tomorrow. Until then...

Farewell, and may you always find the right tree to bark up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day

Jokes

The Real Easter Bunny