Compliments Part 2

Mark Twain once said, "I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always feel that they have not said enough." He was kidding of course, but he also made some very good quotes about compliments, like, "One should not pay a person a compliment and straightway follow it with a criticism . It is better to kiss him now and kick him a next week." It isn't a compliment if it is only to keep the person who complimented you from feeling bad when he insults you. Compliments are best standing alone, like another Mark Twain quote, "Do not offer a compliment and ask a favor at the same time. A compliment that is charged for is not valuable."

Here is a list of compliments on my planet. Hopefully they work for you:

1. Your antennae look very straight today.

2. Your skin is looking nice and slimy.

3. I love how you almost died fighting that Glorthang, but didn't.

4. Your pudding taste better than SlitherWort dung.

5. You're looking rather green, it's a good color on you.

6. I like the way you decorated the house with all the dead leaves.

7. You aren't looking as skinny anymore.

8. I love how your kids only tried to eat me once.

9. Your Slathrok taste much better burned like this.

10. Your so special, I'd save you from a Mlorthon.

Farewell, and may no one from my planet tell you "You're pretty." (It doesn't mean the same thing.)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day

Jokes

The Real Easter Bunny