Idioms Part 2

Yesterday, I was talking about how I don't understand idioms. Today I'm going to tell you more of my experiences with idioms. A while back, someone told me, "The ball is in your court." I didn't know that. So I started looking. A little bit later, I asked him, "Which court is mine?" He just answered with, "What?"

Someone told me to do something at the drop of a hat. I didn't have a hat to drop, so I dropped my pants instead. I'm getting to know the cops very well.

A friend of mine told me I was beating around the bush. I figured he wanted me to beat a bush. Apparently, that wasn't the right thing to do. The birds in the bush attacked me.

I was buying something from a guy in the mall. He told me that it would cost me an arm and a leg, so I changed into my true form and asked him, "Which arm and leg do you want?" he passed out. I don't know why, they grow back.

Someone told me to hit the road, so I did. It didn't feel very good. Didn't do the road much good ether. Then the guy screamed at me, "Now how am I supposed to get to work?" I bought the cop doughnuts on the way to the station.

Someone said that actions speak louder than words. My decibel meter says otherwise.

Someone told me the pen is mightier than the sword. I challenged him to a duel. He gets the pen; I get the sword. One more night at the police station. Don't worry, he's going to be just fine.

Farewell, and may you never get arrested.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day

Jokes

The Real Easter Bunny