Spoonerisms

Someone makes a spoonerism when he switches the initial sounds of words. For example, slice of bread becomes brice of sled. The term spoonerism came from William A. Spooner. He was a dean at Oxford University, and was known for mixing up the first sounds of words. That's way it's called spoonerisms. I learned about spoonerisms the hard way.

Someone told me I smelled bad, and needed to shake a tower. I didn't know how that would help me smell better, but I walked to the nearest tower. The tower was really big, so I needed to turn into my true form to shake it. Everyone's phones went out. I got to have a good talk with Officer Bradley again. He's a nice guy.

Now I know about spoonerisms. So here are some that I found fun:

1. Fighting a liar.(Lighting a fire.)

2. You hissed my mystery lecture.(You missed my history lecture.)

3. Cattle ships and bruisers.(Battle ships and cruisers.)

4. Nosey little cook.(Cozy little nook.)

5. A blushing crow.(A crushing blow.)

6. Sons of toil.(Tons of soil.)

7. Our queer old dean.(Our dear old Queen.)

8. We'll have the hags flung out.(We'll have the flags hung out.)

9. You've tasted two worms.(You've wasted two terms.)

10. Our shoving leopard.(Our loving shepherd.)

11. A half-warmed fish.(A half-formed wish.)

12. Is the bean dizzy?(Is the dean busy?)

Ware fell, and may your fart be hole of loy and jove.

Comments

  1. Let me sew you to your sheet (Let me show you to your seat)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day

Jokes

The Real Easter Bunny