School Plays

Yesterday I went to a second grade school production. I still don't know who the villain was; I think it was the stinkbug, but she was adorable. The plot wasn't very strong--something about going to a picnic, but that's really all that happened. The characters weren't very developed; they only said one line each. I couldn't find their motivation. Why did they want to go to the picnic so much? Why did they not like the stinkbug? Why were there a disproportionate number of female butterflies and ladybugs? That makes no biological sense. Why are there spiders? They're not even bugs, they're arachnids.

I asked someone if she understood the drama arc, but she looked at me as if I where a Mjank being eaten by a snail. I think there is something I'm missing, because all the parents thought it was great, and one even thought it was better than Broadway. No, I don't think so.

Farewell, and may you never have to say "I am a maggot" in a show.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day

Jokes

The Real Easter Bunny