Names

I have found that a lot of things that are misnamed. For example, jogging shoes don't jog. They just sit on the rack and do nothing. And what about reading glasses? They don't read. I sat them on top of a book, and they didn't read a word to me. I put a scrub brush on the floor and told it to scrub, but it just sat there -- very disobedient. On my planet, the robots do whatever you say. The pocket knife wouldn't hold anything, making it a lousy pocket. Blenders are terrible at camouflage. They don't blend into anything, and are really loud.The pick ax couldn't even pick out what to have for lunch. Where do humans come up with these names?

They don't seem to do any better with animals ether. Catfish are not cats, but I do like cats; they taste good. Dogfish aren't  dogs. Lion fish don't look like lions at all, and that's just the fish. Bullfrogs aren't part bull, stag beetles aren't part deer, and there are no dragons even thou there are creatures called dragon flies and komodo dragons, and what about the porcupines?

You should know when I will write again, so bye. May you never be devoured by a fireboar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day

Jokes

The Real Easter Bunny