Humor

I've been studying humor, and have learned much about it. Here are some of my findings.

One type of humor is the element of surprise. This is when something happens, like you hear a pretty love song, then see it was meant for a dog; or you  hear a poem about a boy's dog, and then at the end it says that it's not his dog, but his little brother.

There's also slapstick humor, when you have someone injured in a funny way. George of the Jungle running into trees is a very good example of that. Avengers knocking Norse gods off screen is also slapstick.

Hyperbole is over statement, like when you say that it's so cold outside, there were polar bears wearing jackets; or like when you say that my blog is so good, it's read in four galaxies. That's not true; it's only three and a half.

Understatement, is when you, well, understate something. One example is in RWBY, when Qrow has realized that he'd been poisoned, he says, "Well, that's unfortunate." That's understatement, so is, "My blog's not popular. It's only read in three galaxies."

Practical jokes are jokes at others expense, like a "Kick me" sign, or a tack on a chair. They aren't funny. They're mean. We don't do them on my planet, as the person that is pranked will likely send a Glofelor after us. They won't eat you, but they snuggle up to you and sure do itch.

Running gags, like George of the Jungle running into trees, Princess Bride's "Inconceivable!" or my porcupines.

Puns are play on words, which makes me wonder, why aren't they called P.O.W.s? Puns are jokes like, "What do you call a thieving alligator? A crookodile." I put a pun from my language through Google translate, and it came out, "Ducklings two went to gun shop ate tickling bananas, left sock." I hope that's funny here.

Irony is when something is funny because of its source. For example, there is nothing funny about a guy getting a speeding ticket, until it's a cop getting a speeding ticket. I find it ironic when people tell me how advanced earth's technology is.

Farewell, and may people laugh at your jokes. Left sock.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day

Jokes

The Real Easter Bunny